Wednesday, January 28, 2009

One year ago today!








It has been one year ago today since my brother Jakob's accident/explosion! He was unthawing a valve on a water truck that brings in waste water off of the oil wells and methane had built up in there and when he put the propane torch to it it exploded in his face! He was thrown about thirty feet back and broke his neck, fractured his skull, broke his cheek bones and eye sockets and he had third degree burns on his face, neck, and arms! He was taken by ambulance to the University of Utah because it was snowing so bad they couldn't get life flight, they shut the canyon down right after the ambulance and my mom and sister went through, the storm was horrible through the whole state that day they also shut the canyons down in Logan and Zac and I were not able to go down till the next morning! Surprisingly he was only in the hospital for two weeks, the doctors were expecting him to be there for at least a month! He made a very miraculous recovery and we are so very thankful that he is alive and with us today! That was probably the two hardest weeks of my families lives! I just wanted to say thank you to all of our family and friends who prayed, called, visited, sent food to the hospital and our house, and those men that gave my brother many blessings at the scene of the accident and while at the hospital I know that is the reason he is alive today! I can't imagine my life without Jakob here! Ya we don't always get along ha ha but I love you and I am so thankful that you are here with us today! So thank you to all of our Friends and Family... from my whole family!

3 comments:

Lacy said...

Man, I didnt realize its been a year since his accident. It truly was a miracle that he is alive and well today. I like the family pics! Ok so ash is coming home too this weekend and said chelsea is too so lets the 4 of us go to lunch saturday! It will be fun! I'll get in touch with ya friday and we'll plan it! See ya soon!

The Christman's said...

Thank goodness for guardian angels! He definitely had one that day to help him get through it all.

The Atkinsons said...

Whitney - I'm so glad you found our blog. Thanks for giving me your blog address, I love it! It's hard to believe that Jakob's accident was a year ago. It does seem like yesterday we were at the hospital and the boys were just babies. You guys have the cutest family, I'm glad I can say I'm related to you!