Sunday, March 29, 2009

1st Attempt At Cake Making

So Chelsea and I watch all the shows on making cakes! We decided we want to get into the business and we thought for sure that we could do it! So my Grandma's 70th birthday is coming up in a few weeks and we wanted to make a sweet cake for the big bash we are having....but since we have never made one we thought we better make an attempt! So...that is exactly what we did today! It has it's blemishes but it turned out pretty darn good for our first attempt! Zac even got in on the decorating part and helped us out! We did a big round layer of Chocolate and yellow cake and a small layer of Chocolate and yellow cake! It was very time consuming but it was worth it in the end! We don't want it laying around our house so we are going to take it to work tomorrow and let all the boys eat it! lol

The fondont was really rich, but it tasted pretty darn good! We were so proud of ourselves ha ha we were jumping all around at the finished product! Zac was looking at us like we were psycho's from another planet! O well! It's not perfect but we will get better so look for our business in the future months or maybe years to come! lol

4 comments:

Chelsea Sallie Rose said...

Our cake is pretty sweet! I am suprised it turned out as well as it did!

Rainbow said...

Wow! I watch those cake shows too but I don't think I could pull it off. Your cake turned out AWESOME. Hope to see you a few weeks! Rainbow

Lacy said...

Sweet Cake Whit! Im proud of you guys. I could never do that. I'll definately give you my business.

The Christman's said...

Nice cake work girls! I'm very impressed. The kids & I always watch the cake challenges on the Food Network at I always think that I can do it too. I know better though. Think of a clever name & start your own cake business. What a fun job that would be!